Legislation passed the Senate on Sept 12 allowing small companies (less than $25m in assets/revenues) to raise up to $5m in capital annually from up to 50 existing shareholders, unlimited employee shareholders and unlimited Crowd Sourced Funding (CSF) shareholders. It will be operational on Oct 15th. Register for a free webinar on the details here… Crowd-Sourced Funding Webinar
There is a need for your clients to understand the role of Crowd Sourced Funding Intermediaries and the process through to the preparation of the Crowd Sourced Funding Offer Document. All CSF raisings need to go through one of the approved intermediaries.
This work will probably involve preparation of…
- Business Plan
- Budget/Cashflow Forecast for 3 years
- Company Valuation
- Share Price Determination
- Assisting clients in negotiations with Crowd Sourced Funding Intermediaries
- Crowd Sourced Funding Offer Document
- Preparing a system for the ongoing compliance with the Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising Private Company Reporting Requirements
Some clients may also be interested in engaging your accountancy firm to supply a virtual Chief Financial Officer Service.
This potential work represents a significant a significant amount of professional fee income.
Why not prepare a client matrix identifying clients that?
- have group annual turnover under $25 million.
- have group gross assets valued at under $25 million.
- are interested in:
- expanding their business
- acquiring other businesses
- paying off debt
- doing something audacious that makes business sense!
- have the energy and ambition to operate a larger business and will respond to the extra discipline required to operate a “de facto public company”.
Which of your clients may need assistance?